The Swedish School in London offers a Swedish education with London as a classroom, providing high-quality education for students from ages three to 19 who become bilingual, and who benefit from small class sizes, dedicated teachers and a deeply-engaged school community.
Your support is needed
The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the finances of the Swedish School in London. We are therefore turning to individuals as well as corporates asking for their support. Any donations, large or small, will help us to continue to offer high quality education to the Swedish community in London.
Your support is needed
The Swedish School in London has many unique selling points, from its bilingual ethos to the high quality of Swedish education offered in an English setting, and from focusing on developing digital skills to building confidence through creativity. We are proud that Ofsted, for its third consecutive inspection, rated the Swedish School in London as Outstanding in 2020. Our value proposition is that we offer the highly-regarded Swedish curriculum at pre-primary, primary, secondary and sixth form levels, to both Ofsted and Skolverket standards.
Since 1907 the school has served as an anchor for many Swedes in London and hosts popular events like traditional Lucia and Sweden’s National Day celebrations.
We are a registered charity and do not aim to make a profit, but to keep fees low and therefore be accessible to many students. To supplement our school fee income to benefit the quality of education we can offer, we welcome donations and sponsorships.
Parental and alumni giving
The Swedish School encourages parents and alumni to donate via our GoFundMe page. Funds donated here in the school year 2020-2021 will go towards funding our acclaimed Spring Show which has been going for over 30 years.
- If you are a UK tax-payer you can claim back the difference between the tax you’ve paid on the donation and what the charity received when you fill in your Self Assessment tax return.
- As a charity the Swedish school benefits from Gift Aid. Donating through Gift Aid means charities can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give. It will not cost you any extra
Parents can “give as they live” through Amazon Smile, the shopping site. So whether you need to buy a new water bottle or are buying a gift, please go to smile.amazon.co.uk and select The Swedish School Society in London from the list of charities before you start shopping.
The Swedish School in London offers corporate sponsorship opportunities to help support us in running a successful school which continues to offer top quality education. Indeed, many organisations benefit from our provision of a Swedish curriculum in London, as it means that they can transfer key Swedish staff to their offices in London without disrupting their employees’ children’s education.
Supporting quality education provision also meets the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG 4) of education (“ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”) and therefore may help organisations to achieve their corporate social responsibility targets.
When a company gives to a charity, the value of the gift can be offset against the company’s highest rate of Corporation Tax. Tax relief is claimed against the value of the gift when calculating profits for Corporation Tax. For example, at current tax rates, for a company paying the highest rate of Corporation Tax, the net cost of the gift of £10,000 to SSL would only be £6,750. More information is available from the Inland Revenue.
The school welcomes donations on a one-off basis as well as gifts made regularly. To create a long term strategic partnership with us, please contact our Fundraising Team who will work with you to tailor a bespoke arrangement which satisfies both parties.
In exchange for the donation, the Swedish School in London offers a combination of some of the following marketing and media visibility:
- Promotion on the SSL website and on social media accounts.
- Joint press release to local press and Swedish community publications.
- Permanent plaque featuring your company name and logo on the school wall.
- Opportunity to promote your sponsorship of SSL in your company literature and to use the wording ‘Member of the Swedish School in London’s Sponsors’.
- Opportunity to promote your sponsorship on SSL’s Schoolsoft – the hub in which the school communicates with ~500 parents and pupils.
- Name check in the head teacher’s newsletter to encourage SSL’s parents and supporters to consider the Sponsor’s Product or Service.
- Access to the school’s incredibly successful and popular Lucia show in December.
Financial information about SSL can be found at Companies House